🔥18358

Jay Electronica is setting the record straight on some misinformation he spread that apparently isn’t true. On Tuesday (November 24), the Grammy Award-nominated MC responded to a tweet from Complex that read, “Jay Electronica says he’ll drop ‘Act II’ with Kanye verses once he gets his permission.”

Jay replied simply, “That was cap.”

Jay uploaded his previously shelved album Act II: The Patents of Nobility (The Turn) to TIDAL in October, but it was removed from the streaming service a few days later. The project is now expected to arrive on his Discord channel in the near future and apparently includes some unreleased Ye verses.

Unlike most rumors, Jay is actually the source of the confusion. On Monday (November 23), he told one of his fans he would need to ask Kanye before dropping them.

“I’ll just post Act 2 on here for y’all if enough folks want it,” he wrote. “W the Kanye verses and all. I would have to get his permission first though.”

In other Jay news, the 44-year-old rapper received his first Grammy Award nomination on Tuesday (November 24) in the Best Rap Album category for A Written Testimony, his long-awaited, nearly mythical debut album.

He was nominated alongside Royce Da 5’9’s The Allegory, Nas’ King’s Disease, Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist’s Alfredo and D Smoke’s Black Habits. 

Related Posts

Conway The Machine To Celebrate Billboard 200 Debut By Smoking 126 Blunts

Drake, Future, Lil Baby & Roddy Ricch Named To YouTube's Top 10 Trending Music Videos Of 2020

Ann Marie's Frantic 911 Call To Police Following Hotel Shooting Released To The Public

Playboi Carti Earns 1st No. 1 On Billboard 200 With 'Whole Lotta Red'

Migos Rapper Takeoff Accused Of Raping A Woman At L.A. Party

Cardi B Explains How One Can Condemn But Understand The Nationwide Riots